FREELANCE CONTRIBUTING PHOTOGRAPHER:
2004 - Present
TIME Magazine, Smithsonian Magazine, Nationalgeographic.com, GEO, The New York Times, WSJ,
Le Monde, The Guardian, The Washington Post, DIE ZEIT, ARTE TV, BBC among others.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
EDDIE ADAMS WORKSHOP - Barnstorm 2007
Michelle McNally & Vincent Laforet - The New York Times.
ICP International Center of Photography N.Y 2006
Documentary Photography & Photojournalism. Scholarship for the fall term 2006.
University of Fine Arts, Thessalonica 1998 - 2003
A five-year program, majored in Painting and Photography.
- THE ATTENDANTS PROJECT 2010 - 2016 / Bodosakis Foundation.
The Attendants Program is a cross media project that uses different mediums of art and aims to raise social awareness of the issues of prostitution and sex - trafficking in crisis-stricken Greece, while using workshops to support and improve the lives of the victims.
- STRANGERS AT HOME 2015 / Director - DOP / Global Reporting Center.
A production for the documentary “Strangers at home “ featuring a range of short films from storytellers throughout Europe - writers, cartoonists, musicians, scholars, as well as every day people - documenting the growing feelings of xenophobia in their own countries.
- SHARIA IN GREECE 2014 / DOP - Reporter
A short documentary ARTE & WEST MORISSON productions.
- THE NEW PLASTIC ROAD 2011-2015 / Director - DOP
A feature length documentary ZDF/ARTE & FILMOGRAFIK productions.
- MEDIA European program 2013
Awarded financing from the development fund for the completion of the documentary "THE NEW PLASTIC ROAD".
- MIPDoc International Pitching 2012
Selected out of six projects from all over the world, to present "The New Plastic Road” at the MIPDoc International Pitch, in Cannes.
- EDN European Documentary Network 2012
Presentation of “The New Plastic Road” at the pitching forum Docs 2012, which took pace in conjunction with the Thessaloniki Documentary Festival - Images of the 21st Century.
Selected EXHIBITIONS & PRIZES - NOMINATIONS
- Athens Photo Festival 2019 - The Benaki Museum
Main Exhibition - "Zhena Hodemsi" - My Wife I'm Leaving -
- PHotoESPAÑA 2019
Exhibition OFFLAND - Official Section
- TBILISI PHOTO FESTIVAL 2018
Night of Photography "Zhena Hodemsi" - My Wife I'm Leaving -
- IDFA Doc Lab Academy 2017
Chosen to participate at the IDFA Doc Lab Academy for interactive media.
- The Benaki Museum 2016
"The Journey" - Eight leading photographers,140 photos, one journey from Turkey to Greece for a safe refuge in Europe.
- Medphoto Festival / Crossings exhibition 2016
Participation with the series “A dream in Transit”
- Athens Photo Festival / MIS-DIS-Placed 2016
Participation with the series “A dream in Transit”
- Lishui Photography Festival 2015 “Greek Stories Revised”
Main program with the series “Metsovo 1900”
- Tositsa Foundation / Solo Exhibition 2015
Featuring reenactments of everyday life in Metsovo in the early 20th century, Myrto Papadopoulos photographs take us on a journey to a time of historic change that transformed the Pindus mountain range communities. Τhe photographs were taken in Metsovo in December 2014, for an innovative project showcasing the Metsovo Folk Art Museum, run by the Baron Michael Tossizza Foundation.
- TED TALK / TEDx Thessaloniki, Royal Theatre 2014
- Flash Forward 10 th Anniversary Publication 2014
- Magenta Foundation / Flash Forward 2013
Winner, Emerging Photographer 2013
- Fotovisura Grant 2012
Honorable mention for the series “The New Plastic Road”.
- Prix Pictet 2012
Nominated for the fourth cycle of the Prix Pictet for the series
“The New Plastic Road”
- Athens Photo Festival 2011- Solo Exhibition
A one-man show within the central exhibition of the Athens Photo Festival 2011, with the project “The New Plastic Road”.
- DUMBO Arts Festival 2011
Participation in the Dumbo Arts Festival in Brooklyn with the “Kale” Project.
- LOOK3 Festival 2010
Nominated and selected to present a personal project at the LOOK Between, along with other artists nominated by groups as diverse as PDN, National Geographic, Humble Arts, Burn Magazine and numerous others.
- CEDEFOP Photomuseum International Award 2008
A one-man show within the Archeological Museum of Thessaloniki with the awarded series of “Out on a limb”. First prize at the Cedefop Photomuseum International Award 2008.
- World Press Photo 2010
Nominated for the 2010 Joop Swart Masterclass
- PHOTOQUAI - Mussé du Quai Branly 2009
Selected to present the “Kale” series at the “2em Biennale des images du Monde” at the Museum of Quai Branly.
PHOTOQUAI 2009/ La photographie Iranienne à l’honneur.
- BIENNALE 09/ XIV bjcm Scopje 2009
Selected to participate with the “Kale” series in the “Biennale of young artistes of Europe and the Mediterranean”, in Scopje.
- The New York Photo Festival 2009 - The Future of Contemporary Photography
Selected to present the “Out on a limb” series within the Satellite Exhibitionof the NY Photo Festival.
- Memorial Mario Giacomelli 2008
VIII Premio Fotogafico / Honorable mention for the “Kale” series.
- MOIS OFF De La Photo 2008 - CIRCULATIONS
Selected to present the “Kale” series within the program of Photo-OFF, at the “Mois de la Photo” 2008 in Paris.
FET ART and EPSON organized within the month of November in Paris, exhibitions of young European photographers around the theme “Circulations regard de jeunes photographes Européens”.
- Athens Photo Festival 2008 - Solo Exhibition
A one-man show within the central program of the Athens Photo Festival 2008, with the “ Kale” project. A project on the Greek-Muslim community of Thrace.
- Photography Museum of Thessaloniki 2008
Five Greek and five Spanish photographers interacting, chosen by their portfolio reviews from the Thessaloniki Photobiennale 08 and the Madrid Photoespana 07.
- CEDEFOP Photomuseum Prize 2008 / 1st Prize
The Cedefop Photomuseum Award is an international award which revolves around the notion of work and aims at collecting works with socialcontent and interest.
- Epson Exceed your vision award 2008 / 1st Prize
Photobiennale 20th International Photography meeting in Thessaloniiki. Chosen as best portfolio by 25 reviewers from all over the world.
- ECB Annual Photography Award, Frankfurt 2007 / 2nd Prize
Exhibition within the European Central Bank.