Myrto Papadopoulos is a photographer, educator and filmmaker. Her work tends to focus on issues surrounding gender, identity, and trauma.
She finished her studies in 2003 after completing a five-year Fine Arts degree, majored in painting and photography. In 2006, she applied for a documentary photography degree at the ICP(International Centre of Photography) in New York, where she was granted a scholarship.
She is a nominee for the 2019 Prix Pictet Award and a winner - emerging photographer 2013 of the Magenta Foundation.
Her work has been awarded and presented in solo and group exhibitions e.g.
- Mois off De La Photo 2008, Paris
- PHOTOQUAI - Museé Quai Branly 2009, Paris
- LOOK3 Between Festival 2010, Virginia
- DUMBO Arts Festival 2011, NY
- Athens Photo Festival 2011 - solo exhibition, Athens
- Flash Forward Exhibition 2013, Toronto & Washington DC
- Lishui Photography Festival 2015, China
- Tositsa Foundation 2016 - Solo Exhibition, Athens
- IDFA Doc Lab 2017, Amsterdam
- TBLISI Photo Festival 2018, Tbilisi
- PHotoESPAÑA 2019 - official section, Madrid
- Athens Photo Festival 2019 - official section, Athens
Her clients include: TIME Magazine, Smithsonian Magazine, Nationalgeographic.com, GEO, The New York Times, WSJ, Le Monde, The Guardian, The Washington Post, DIE ZEIT, ARTE TV, BBC among others.
She is represented by Redux Pictures in NY.